Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Crescent Rolls for dinner!



OK, so I have not had time to do any crafts lately but hopefully soon. I did not meet my goal of making an Easter painting for my front door but maybe I can by Sunday.


I did, however, resist the temptation to order out for dinner and cooked what I had available. So...crescent rolls with a twist.


First, I cooked some cheese pizza crescent rolls for the little ones. Spread the rolls out flat in a pan and bake according to directions. I took them out about 4 minutes before the oven beeped to add the marinara sauce and pizza blend shredded cheese. Then, stuck it back in the oven until the timer went off. Actually, I had to leave it in for a couple extra minutes to melt the cheese completely. I would have added a little garlic but the little ones don't like that as much as I do. Still, it was pretty good.


Then, I made some giant pigs in a blanket. Simply wrap half a hot dog in the crescent roll and bake according to directions. I did have to cook these for a few extra minutes also to get the dough cooked all the way around the "pig".


Simple Friday night, stay at home dinner that made everyone happy.


Count your blessings!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment