Friday, September 30, 2011

Changing careers

I think I want to go to law school. What am I thinking? I really do, though. In all this stuff surrounding the new immigration law and being a Spanish teacher and seeing how this affects students and families, I really want to help these people take the steps to be here legally. It breaks my heart.

I'm not saying that they aren't breaking the law, and I understand that some immigrants are dangerous people. But in researching today, lots of first-born Americans (parents were illegal) and those who came here illegally but then got proper papers and citizenship have gone on to be some of our nation's best inventors, writers, doctors, etc.

They come here for hope, promise of a better life. Jesus said we are to love our neighbors and not turn away the foreigner. I want to be an immigration lawyer to help this community get the necessary help and paperwork processed so they can start their lives over in a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment